LaLiga: Lo Celso in London to complete Tottenham move
LaLiga The deal could surpass 70 million euros
Real Betis are close to losing Giovani Lo Celso as the Argentinian is in London to undergo his medical examinations ahead of his move to Tottenham Hotspur.
After drawn-out negotiations, Betis and Spurs have reached some common ground, though not everything is settled just yet.
Lo Celso will arrive on an initial one-year loan deal for 16 million euros, though that figure itself could rise above 20 million euros depending on variables. After that, the Londoners can buy 80 percent of the player on a permanent basis for 41 million euros next summer, with the remaining 20 percent to be paid in instalments, and they would be dependent on different objectives set.
In all, the total fee could exceed over 70 million euros but, if not, Betis will still hold on to a percentage of the player.
But despite work still needing to be done, it’s expected that he’ll be registered as a new Tottenham player before the English window closes at 18:00 (CEST) on Thursday.
Nobody at Betis wanted him to leave and the fans made their feelings towards him clear, begging him to stay as he was introduced at the Estadio Benito Villamarin on Wednesday night.
But he’s taken his chance to say goodbye to his teammates and he’ll be granted his wish of wanting to play in the Champions League.